How to measure jacket size; and trousersMarch 18, 2020
This article will show you the methods of measuring the size of Jacket and pants. Most people do not understand the way that tailors measure the jacket or trousers except the tailors themselves. If you want to order the clothes online, you need to know your real body size and check our guide before ordering. After we measured we get the numeric data for your size that fit to your body. It’s an easy way for you order the clothes products online or you direct order in your local shop, but actually when you are visiting your local shops for making clothes including jacket and pants, tailors require you measure your body size for getting the real numeric data in their shops.
HOW TO MEASURE JACKE SIZE
In order to get your size for making the clothes, you’ll need to take the measurement of several parts of your body such as your chest, waist, shoulders, arms, and back. When you know this measurement data, you can use your size data to compare the size of the brand’s sizing guide and pick out a jacket that fits you. We will guide you on how to measure your body before you order the clothes such as jacket, trousers or pants, and other clothes through online.
There are six points you need to measure your body for making the jacket as following:
- Body Length: Put your measuring tape at the base of the collar and measure till the bottom of the jacket. This is for the back but no need to worry about measuring the front length for jacket. Simply turn around the jacket, stand with straight sleeves and measure it in the same way as you measured the front.
- Chest Size: Chest is measured along the fullest side of the chest. Multiply it with two to get the correct circumference. Women’s sizes may differ from men, in order to make jacket fits to your body, we recommended measuring the bust size, it means that you measure across the fullest part of your bust and make sure the tape across the upper back.
- Hips Size: Stand with your leg shoulder width apart and measure around the fullest part of your hips and do not forget to include your buttock in the measurement. This place general 20cm from your waistline.
- Shoulder Width: You stand with a relaxed, natural posture. Stretch the tape measure horizontally across the back of your shoulders and measure the full width of your shoulder. The shoulders should neither be too fitted nor too loose.
- Sleeves Length: Please stand relaxed and hanging loosely arms and measure from shoulders the furthest point to down the wrist you want end. If you’re measuring a suit jacket, then it should be measured from shoulder edge to knuckles or measure from the end of your shoulder and down to the preferred length.
- Neck Round: Measure around the base of your own neck. Keep two fingers between your neck and the measuring tape if you want some extra room.
MEASURE TROUSERS SIZE
For another step, we will walk you through the way to measure the trousers, before you make order directly to my website you need to measure your trousers because you need these size to sew the pants for your:
There are eight point you need to measure your body for making the trousers as following:
- Leg Length: You must stand in straight manner, bit spread your leg, measure the length of your leg from the top of the waistband down to the leg opening. You can set the length base on what you preferred.
- Waist Size: For measuring the waist size, firstly, a bit spread your leg with straight standing. Take the measuring tape from the left to the right of your body in the waist point.
- Hips Size: Measure across the hip area, this is in most cases 1 1/2 inches below the zipper.
- Front Rise: To measure the front rise by starting from crotch seam spot to the spot of the waistband.
- Thigh Size: Starting at the crotch seam and ending 1–2 inches below the hip area.
- Inseam Length: To measure the inseam gap from the crotch, at the spot where the front and back seams meet, exactly where, depends on the length you desire ultimately.
- Knee: You measure the fullest area of your knee and keep two fingers to get more room or what you desire.
- Leg Opening: You need to take a measurement beginning from one side of the leg opening to the other side of the leg opening.
JACKET SIZE FOR MEN AND WOMEN
The jacket such as other clothes have the size from XS to 4XL, but some type of clothes have a bit difference. Below is the size of jacket that you need to know:
- XS – Extra Small
- S- Small
- XL-Extra Large
- XXL-Extra Extra Large
- XXXL-Extra Extra Extra Large
TROUSERS SIZE FOR MEN AND WOMEN
Whereas the size for trousers for men and women some difference styles because base one the brand of the clothes. In some brands set the size in Number and other as the Letters. Below, what we are making the comparison the size of the trousers of women.
- Extra Small (XS) = 6
- Small (S) = 8-9
- Medium (M) = 10
- Medium/Large (M/L) = 11
- Large (L) = 12
- Extra Large (XL) = 14
- Extra Extra Large (XXL) = 16
Due to out mention above, you get more understanding the method of how to measure jacket size, and trousers or pants for both men and women.
In case, you want to order direct to us for making the clothes not only the jacket and trousers but also the transition silk clothes that kind of handicraft products produced from silkworm, you can use this types of your body sizes and sent to us after you process payment.
If you have any question or any doubt about this article please feel free co contact me or drop your question below and thank for your comment, sharing, and rating in the article.